Wisdom Teeth RemovalWoodland Park Dental's expert team provides painless wisdom tooth removal to all of our patients. After years of tooth extraction experience, we know how to keep you comfortable through the process and on the way to recovery. We pride ourselves on pampering our patients with the comforts of home during your wisdom tooth procedure. We extract wisdom teeth for many reasons such as, improper growth, sideways growth, or impaction. Woodland Park Dental offers wisdom teeth removal services to all of Davis and South Weber Counties, Layton, Fruit Heights and Kaysville, Utah.
Wisdom Teeth Removal Aftercare
Improperly growing wisdom teeth make regular brushing and flossing difficult. These hard to reach nooks behind the wisdom teeth can trap food and cause infection. The possibility of tooth decay makes wisdom teeth removal worth the cost with or without insurance. When you decide to have your wisdom teeth removed at Woodland Park Dental in Layton, Utah, it is important to follow our aftercare instructions to avoid further tooth pain:
- Apply a cold compress to the outside of the mouth to reduce swelling and bruising
- Do not rinse within 24 hours of tooth extraction
- Consume only soft foods such as mashed potatoes or liquids for up to 48 hours after the procedure, gradually progressing to more solid foods
- Avoid using straw to prevent dry sockets
- Continue to floss other teeth and gums, avoiding the area directly surrounding the extraction site
- After the first 24 hours, gently rinse the area before and after eating at bed time with a salt water solution an ½ teaspoon of salt dissolved in a cup of water
Call Woodland Park Dental today for a comfortable and relaxed wisdom tooth extraction at +1(801) 336-4562.